Thursday, August 14, 2008

Garden Spells

Garden Spells
by Sarah Addison Allen

Last night I finished reading Garden Spells, and I have to say I truly loved it. This is a light, fast read that was truly touching.

Click on the title of this blog for a summary of this book.

I loved the rebuilding of a relationship that takes place between Claire and Sydney. The reality of the pressures of being labeled as different in a small community rang true to me even though, in this case, some of those differences were paranormal in nature. The uniqueness of the budding relationship between Claire and her neighbor amused and delighted me. While this book isn't for people who only like serious, dense reading, this book is great for someone looking for a poignant and unique story with a touch of romance.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Gretchen!
I couldn't locate your email addie so I'll post this info here:

Would you like a preview copy of Sarah Addison Allen's audio novella, IN MY DREAMS? She wrote these stories for my small press, BelleBooks, before she sold GARDEN SPELLS to New York. Now BelleBooks Audio is offering them in a 2-CD set.

All best,
Deb Smith
BelleBooks and Bell Bridge
www.bellebooks.com

Gretchen Schneider said...

Yes!!!! I would love this. I'll also add my email to this blog. I forgot "blush."